Monday, June 19, 2023

Gardening Upwards

 


A few years ago, I bought this interesting gardening system... a series of three containers that sit on top of each other. I never took them out of the box until about a month ago. I wanted to use them, but I was afraid to try!


When you water the top one, excess water flows down into the next container... and the next.


I planted zucchini in the bottom pot, beans in the middle one and corn in the top one. ("The three sisters") The tower of pots is sitting on the deck, covered with a plastic bag. The seeds are sprouting but I'm afraid to uncover them for fear the squirrels will dig in the soil and tear the plants apart. 

I put a tomato cage on top to hold the plastic up and give the plants room to grow. 


I'm not sure what to do next... I don't think I can grow them to maturity in these pots. This will require some strategic planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment