Monday, June 12, 2023

Almost Done!!

I'm almost finished my second virtual walk. It's hard to understand the sense of satisfaction I feel - pairing my daily walking in my neighbourhood with a walking path somewhere in the world. My goal of walking 10,000 steps a day suddenly means more than an hour's walking in the mall or in a nearby park - which is probably why it works as a powerful motivator.

In any event, I'm feeling excited as the countdown to the end of my VIRTUAL trek in Mexican Mayan country approaches.


Only a few more kilometres to go... 

With the excitement of knowing I've walked over 150 km in 4 weeks on this second virtual trek - comes the question: How long a walk do I want to do next?


I'd like a challenge that would take me all summer... three or four months... But am I ready for a 1,000+ km trek - like the ring road around Iceland. Or is that too long a challenge to keep me motivated?!


I also want to see interesting scenery along the way - so  I'm looking for a walk that provides Google map street views. Not all do.

I need to decide quickly! I don't want to waste a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment