Thursday, June 15, 2023

Extending Sweater Pockets

I have two sweaters that I knit a few years ago (using the same pattern). I really like the pattern - EXCEPT that the pockets are a little too small.

Not all sweaters have pockets, but these do. I'm a big fan of pockets. In fact, their number and size often determines whether I purchase a garment or not. In my teaching days, I used deep pockets to hold the many keys I carried around. Now I need them for my cell phone and pedometer.



The pattern has two cute - almost hidden - pockets the depth of the four inches of rib knitting at the bottom. I enlarged them by adding several inches of knitting to the top, then sewing them down.



It wasn't hard. It didn't take long... I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it! Now they're big enough to hold my phone. 

Now on to the second sweater, to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment