Friday, June 2, 2023

Almost Grade 2!

I mentioned to our granddaughter that she'll soon be in second grade...


She was surprised... and later pulled out the book of first grade skills I gave her a year ago.

Was she checking to see if she was ready to move on?

Grandpa went over to see what she was doing. She seems to gravitate to math exercises. 


My mother, brother - and Terry - all loved math. Actually, I think all my kids did. I found geometry and logic puzzles to be interesting. But abstract (to me) concepts, like algebra, not so easy to understand. 

We're all so different. According to my Aunt Elsie, from a young age, I liked making up stories.


My granddaughter has for years shown an interest in broken bones. Several of her friends, over the years, have broken an arm or a leg. For Christmas she wanted a Barbie with crutches.


I winder if she knows that her father broke his collarbone when he was 3. He's wearing a shoulder strap in this picture - to hold it in place.

Once she asked if we have crutches at our house to play with. But no - only a fold-up wheelchair. 

I find it fascinating to see how interests develop - and what toys and activities children gravitate to - even at an early age.


No comments:

Post a Comment