Wednesday, April 22, 2020

New (Online) Experiences

The past month has been full of new online experiences. It's not unusual for Terry and me to have face-to-face conversations via video-phone apps with our children in Toronto or Guelph - or even with our son who lives a few kilometres away.

With "social distancing" in place, our regular church services have moved online, too...

Then, a few weeks ago, I was happy I could watch the video-streamed funeral of a close relative who died unexpectedly in British Columbia.

It really felt as if I were there, too.







Not long afterwards, I had my first video medical appointment with my family physician...

When I told her how pleased I was to be able to talk to her like this, she mentioned that video conferencing will probably continue as an option after COVID-19 distancing is over.

I definitely won't complain!

But I am amazed at how many things I've begun to do online...

No comments:

Post a Comment