Sunday, April 19, 2020

Baking for Joy!

I've read that people are baking bread these days of social distancing. I've read, in fact, that flour and yeast in some places are in short supply... I used to make bread,, sometimes in a bread maker, when my children were younger. (They sometimes remind me of those "good old days"!)

I bake a lot less now that I have type 2 diabetes (and am trying to cut back on carb intake). A loaf of bread also lasts a lot longer if Terry is the only one eating it.

But recently I did make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling - a favorite of Terry's...











And, for me, peanut butter cookies (made without flour). Mine never look as good as the ones on the Kraft website...

As usual, there are too many for the two of us to eat - so some will go in the freezer for later... And, to quote Martha Stewart: That's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment