Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sweater... Done!

I started this Mary Maxim sweater kit a while back.

I loved the picture on the sweater -  but the pattern didn't provide a clear description of the length of the sleeves (which are pushed up in the picture). Or exactly where the collar starts in the front.













I struggled with the collar, knitting it twice.

(I still don't think it looks like the one in the pattern photo.)

Then when I cast off the collar off, it didn't lie flat, so I took the last row apart and cast off again, using a larger needle to make sure I wasn't tightening the seam.




Eventually I sewed on the buttons. But when I tried it on, I found the neck too open.















I prefer the collar closed up, so I added a button and crocheted a loop to hold it shut.

Now that it's done, I like the look - though it's not really like the picture in the pattern! (Not sure what I did wrong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment