Monday, April 3, 2017

A New Game

A while back, Terry and I started playing a game of scrabble after supper. I thought it would be good for our memories, to have to search for words we may not use on a daily basis. I'm the retired English teacher - but Terry usually wins... Not sure how that happens. His mother was apparently good at scrabble, as well. Maybe the skill is hereditary!

When I mentioned our new habit to my friend Janet, she suggested a few more games we could add to our roster. (Apparently she and her husband also play board games.) One of her favorites is called Patchwork. It's a 2-player game based on the premise of putting "patches" on a "quilt."

It uses a different skill-set, she told me.

Why not give it a try?!


When Janet showed me how to play it, she mentioned that her daughter also enjoys playing it - and had even downloaded the game app to her cell phone.

I was intrigued. Terry didn't show any interest in learning this new game. Perhaps I could hone my skills this way... So I did.






My only comment (and complaint!) is that it's very addictive. (I must have an addictive personality when it comes to playing computer games!)

The thought has crossed my mind that I should download the scrabble app and improve my skills by playing that game that way as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment