Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ottawa City Hall in Winter

Not far from the Rideau Canal, across from the ice sculpture park, Ottawa's city hall provides a warm respite from those who want to come in from the cold - or find a public bathroom!

For those overwhelmed by the size of the Rideau Canal skateway, the artificial skating rink outside city hall provides another smaller place to skate.










Inside I was impressed by the acoustics - this live piano music reverberated throughout the large lobby.










I never noticed these corridor-bridges before. They allow workers to cross to another wing of the building without coming downstairs.














I don't come to city hall often... In fact, I don't come downtown that often. But now that winter is here, I'm reminded that it is a welcome public place where everyone can come in and rest, when they need a break from the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment