Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Flowers Still in Bloom

These days, my eyes are drawn to colorful trees, rather than  flowers...

They are magnificent...

Especially in the early morning light!










But there are still a few flowers in the garden. Most noticeable are the red Sedum.

I bought these yellow perennials at a plant sale at my mother's nursing home in spring. I hope they survive the winter to bloom again next fall. I've forgotten what they're called!








The knautia has been blooming for several months.

A few brown-eyed Susans remain to brighten the yard.
And here and there a few coreopsis are still in bloom.










But the longest-blooming flowers in our yard are these low-lying mauve geraniums. I've fallen in love with them... They spread a bit, and every year I transplant a few in different parts of the yard. Not many perennials last all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment