Friday, October 30, 2015

Do I ... Need a Costume?

Three-year-olds are a lot of fun. And they don't miss much!

We live near a three-year-old who occasionally comes over to chat. She always makes me smile!

To her, the three people living in our house are "the neighbor" (me), "the grandpa" (which I assume is Terry, with his white beard!) - and "the brother," our adult son.

After asking what I'm doing, she compares our hairdos: She has an elastic holding up her pony tail, while I have a comb keeping my hair out of my eyes. Then she starts to talk about Halloween.

We have a nice pumpkin, she says - pointing to the jack-o-lantern on her front porch. I'm going to be Minnie Mouse. What are you going to be?

I don't have a costume, I tell her...

Well, you need to buy one, she says emphatically... leaving me to wonder if she would be terribly disappointed on Halloween to see me without one! (Hmmm. What a quandary!! I haven't worn a costume in years! But I don't want to disappoint a three-year-old, either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment