Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Preparing For the Bi-Monthly Ukulele Jam for Beginners

Twice a month the BUG (Bytown Ukulele Group) holds singalongs (and play-alongs) for novice ukulele players, like me.

A few days before the jam, an email arrives listing the songs we will be playing - my signal to begin practicing. Often we are only given the chords and strum pattern. In that case, I try to find the words online - especially if I don't know the song.








I also try to listen to a ukulele version of the song on You Tube. This time one was provided.

Occasionally the words and chords are provided in a format I can print up.

There never seems to be enough time to practice! But never mind! The first time I attended, a ukulele player sitting nearby told me he simply pretends to play if the chords are too difficult or the song is too fast!

Nobody notices. All are too busy trying to keep up themselves!

Jamming - a fun way to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment