Saturday, April 12, 2014

Galilee Center in Arnprior

A few days ago, Terry had an appointment in Arnprior, a short drive from Ottawa. I decided to go along and wander around the grounds of the "Galilee Retreat Centre" on the edge of town.


If I lived in the country, I'd be tempted to have a dog - a big dog, I commented as we were driving.









 


But there were no dogs on the grounds - just beautiful silence.












I wandered over to the trees overlooking the river - still covered with lots of ice. The tranquility was refreshing. So different from the busyness of the city!











I definitely want to come back - for a day, or maybe even an overnight retreat.








 
 
Before leaving Arnprior, we stopped at another local "institution" - a chip wagon called "Wes' French Fries."












People travel from far and wide to sit at a picnic table and enjoy genuine home-made French fries.







Hmmmm. Food - always a big drawing card!

No comments:

Post a Comment