Thursday, July 25, 2013

New Pancake Recipe

Terry and I often eat buckwheat pancakes using the recipe I posted a while back. But when I needed a "regular" pancake recipe for a recent birthday brunch, I found one in the Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cookbook - a recipe book for children.














I made two batches - one with whole wheat (for the health conscious) and one with white flour.  I added frozen raspberries to the whole wheat batter to make it more interesting. Both versions were great! So if you're looking for a new pancake recipe to try, here's the recipe:
1. Mix together:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup (250 ml) milk 
  • 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cooking oil
2. Add:
  • 1 1/4 cups (325 ml) flour (all purpose or whole wheat)
  • 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar, 
  • 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
3. (Optional) Add chopped fruit or chocolate chips if desired.
4. Fry pancakes on hot oiled griddle. The recipe makes about 8.













(Delicious with maple syrup!)


No comments:

Post a Comment