Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An Amazing 90-Year-Old

I admire anyone who can eat spicy food! I stay clear of it - but one of my sons loves it - to the point of always sprinkling Tabasco sauce on his pizza. Knowing this, a friend of his brought him this set of chili peppers from Brazil. After I had unwrapped the bottles and put them on the stand, my son commented: I hope you kept them in order. They were in order of spiciness, from mild to very hot.














(Oops! Didn't think of that... And I can't read Portuguese!)














Not long afterwards my 90-year-old aunt came for a visit, passing through on her way home from Germany and Poland, where she had taken two of her children to show them the farm where she was born.

My aunt noticed my son's hot pepper collection. When I told her I had accidentally mixed them up so he no longer knew which were mild and which were spicy, she calmly tasted them all ... and put them back in order!

I was truly impressed! They all tasted way too spicy to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment