Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Another House Moves Away

We live in a quiet neighborhood - so construction of any kind is big news! A few weeks ago, we heard loud banging and discovered that one of the old houses on the next street was going to be moved to a new location out of town. Today we heard loud banging again. I walked over and discovered that this was moving day!














One man was on the roof, attaching the hooks of the crane. Then slowly the roof came off, while the man stood under it...














(Not a job I would like to have!)














Before long, the roof had been gently placed on the back of a flatbed truck. (The house must be too tall to move as is.)

I watched for a while, chatting with another onlooker - who told me that he had grown up in the house.














A few hours later I walked over to the work site again and the main part of the house was gone. Gone too were the crane and all the workers.














The only things that remained were the back part of the house (wrapped in a blue tarp) and a garden shed.. I wonder if they'll be back to take them away, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment