Saturday, March 17, 2012

My New "Circle Scarf"

My daughter mentioned a "circle scarf"... so (not wanting to appear ignorant) I went online to see what she was talking about...

I found this informative description on Style website. (howtobecomeastylist.com) Another blog (Little Black Dress) had a cute illustration showing how to wear them... Google also led me to several Youtube videos with demos.


















Intrigued, I decided to make one myself... using this hand-knit scarf (a gift from my daughter).


















So - using a needle and black thread to sew the ends together... that's just what I did!


















Unlike the ones in the Little Black Dress website, mine can only be worn two ways: hung around the neck once...














... or wrapped around twice to make a collar!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Are you taking them to market?
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to market - but I may do a pictorial tutorial on how to transform a "regular" scarf into a circle scarf... I have a number of unused scarves lying around that would work well as circle scarves. Perhaps before next winter!

    ReplyDelete