Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Cure For Restless Legs?!!

You never know where the conversation is going to go when you get together with old friends! During a recent reunion of fellow teachers, two quilters in the group were telling us about a weekend quilting retreat they had been on... And they happened to mention that one of the ladies had a hard time sleeping... as she hadn't brought along her bar of soap...

Bar of soap? I asked.

Yes, she puts a bar of soap under the bottom sheet at the end of her bed and it takes away her leg cramps... It also helps with restless legs...

The rest of us sat in amazed (dumbfounded) silence...

What kind of soap? Is there something in the soap that gives off some chemical...?

I think she uses Ivory, but I think any soap works...

Really?!!!

Maybe it's the lye...

Do they still put lye in soap?!


So when I got home I called one of my sons and told him to try this "cure"... He used to kick the wall in his sleep whenever his bed was near the wall... Is that what is meant by "restless legs"?!

(It sounds crazy... but I'm waiting to hear his report!)

And just for curiosity, I did a google search... It appears to be a known home remedy that sometimes works... and sometimes doesn't!! (And restless legs appears to be muscular twitching rather than kicking...)














I forgot to find out if the wrapper goes off the soap or stays on! (I'll assume it comes off...)

No comments:

Post a Comment