Saturday, November 5, 2016

Take Your Child To Work

"Take Your Child to Work Day" was always a disappointment to our children, as none of them wanted to have a day off school only to attend another school, the one where I taught!  I have vivid memories of my youngest son's disappointment at having to sit at the back of my classroom and listen to his mother teach. After one period of that, I gave him some money so he could go to the cafeteria to spend the next period there! Terry, a social worker, could never take any of the kids to his work, as it would be a breach of confidentiality if they ever saw anyone they knew.

My granddaughter has already visited her father's workplace twice - once as a newborn, to meet co-workers who had heard about her...

And a second time, because a baby was needed to lie on the floor of the men's bathroom to illustrate the dilemma fathers face trying to change a baby's diaper in a bathroom not equipped with a diaper changing station.








It's a problem increasing numbers of fathers face...

(In contrast, I remember my father proudly saying that he had never changed a diaper!)

How times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment