Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Botanical Drawing: A New Set Up

My first course in botanical drawing took place in public gardens, as we sat next to flowers and created botanical journals... (Or at least attempted to!)

My current class - in drawing and painting "winter textures" has brought a new drawing milieu: an indoor screen and a spotlight!














The light - and the magnifying glass - help us view our samples more clearly... I'm not sure what the screen is there for - perhaps to prevent our light from bothering others!














Last week we focused on seed pods of different textures. I was fascinated by this coffee tree pod, its smooth surface a sharp contrast with the rough pine cone I found on the side of the road!














Sitting outside in the sun was a lot of fun - but these cold, cold days of winter, it's better to be indoors!


No comments:

Post a Comment