Friday, July 24, 2009

Today's Task

In early spring I thought it would be nice to have a wooden chair with wide arms - to hold my cup of coffee while I sat outside enjoying the morning air. I didn't know what to do: To buy one already assembled and try to fit it into the car?














Or to buy a kit and assemble it at home? In the end, I bought this chair kit at Costco - and it has been sitting in the corner of the porch ever since!














(In fact, the box is already invisible to me - it feels like it BELONGS there!)

But today - aided by my trusty TO-DO LIST which jogged my memory - I decided that the time had come to open the box and put it together.

I must admit that I dreaded opening the box - I envisioned lots of little pieces that would take hours to assemble! So to make it more interesting, and to keep me on task, I decided to see just how long it would take...

So here it is...

7: 20 - Opened box and scanned directions. Realized I would need glue. Do I have any glue? Ran off to check.














7:30 - Emptied box. From the look of the pre-cut wooden pieces, I will also need some sandpaper to avoid getting a sliver. Also need a different screw driver...














7:40 - Laid the pieces out and began to assemble the chair














10:40 - Here it is, all assembled - ready to be varnished... It's pouring rain so that will have to wait for another day. But I can still enjoy sitting on it on the covered veranda!

No comments:

Post a Comment