Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Quebec-style Fried Egg Sandwich

Before living in Quebec, the only egg sandwiches I had ever eaten were made with hard boiled eggs, mashed with mayo to create an egg-y paste, served between two slices of bread. I now know that as an egg-salad sandwich.

That was what I expected to get when I ordered an egg sandwich at a diner one day in Montreal.

But instead, I got a fried egg sandwich - an egg (fried) served between two pieces of toast.



















After my initial surprise, I found I liked it, so occasionally I still have it for breakfast or lunch.














So here it is, this morning's breakfast - a toasted fried egg sandwich. It promises to keep me full for much of the day!

2 comments:

  1. We have fried egg sandwiches once in awhile, but don't toast the bread. We sometimes put ketchup and mustard on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love egg sandwiches... Teach Noam to make some please

    ReplyDelete