Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More Rain?

This has been one of the rainiest summers on record in Ottawa. Some reports say three times our average rainfall... According to one newspaper article, we have had only 6 rain-free days in July! Any way you look at it, there has been a lot of rain!

But as a gardener, how can I complain?! I rarely find rain unwelcome... In fact, I hate to waste good drinking water watering the grass!

Which brings me to another bonus: I haven't been able to cut the grass in the rain... And when I do go out to cut it, I also discover another welcome surprise - bunches of flowers growing there. I usually mow around them. Occasionally I dig them up and move them to a flower bed.














I think I'll just mow around these!

All this, thanks to our abundant rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment