Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Latest Ladies Detective Novel

I wasn't feeling great - "under the weather" a bit - as often happens when cold weather arrives in fall and I get the sniffles. My mind and body suddenly had to adjust to wearing a winter hat and coat - all that extra "baggage" that comes with winter.


So I was really happy that I had a good book to hunker down with - the latest "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" novel - that was released in October.

Alexander McCall Smith, the author, usually releases only one book a year in this series. I'm not the only one who looks forward to it. By the time I discover its title (sometime in summer) and put a hold on it at the library, there are usually already dozens of holds on the soon-to-be purchased 20 books.

I won't reveal the story, but it doesn't disappoint. It occurred to me that this slow-paced mystery story is totally charming not because of the action, but because it reveals the thoughts of a wise woman from another culture.

I'm already waiting for the next one to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment