Thursday, November 16, 2023

Knitting Festivals


I've been knitting since I was in my teens, but only recently have I become aware of the many knitting festivals that exist here in Canada and in the USA - and beyond.


Well-known knitting instructors are brought in to teach master classes. Large and small yarn companies show and sell the yarns they produce.


Thanks to Instagram, I've just discovered that there's a yarn festival in Barcelona, Spain, this weekend - and another in Munich, Germany, the first weekend in December.


I wouldn't travel that far just to buy yarn and mingle with knitters - when I can do that in my own neighbourhood, or even online. But it's something I'd definitely consider  if I were planning to be in Barcelona next weekend, or in Munich the first weekend in December.

(Especially if I had room in my suitcase for lots of squishy skeins of yarn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment