Thursday, July 6, 2023

Loose Clothing...??

I've been keeping tabs on my blood pressure, checking it several times daily - keeping track of DAILY LOWS - to show my doctor when I see him in a few weeks.

I read somewhere that one should wear LOOSE CLOTHING when checking blood pressure. So I tried an experiment: Checking it at home while wearing my normal summer attire - a T-shirt and capris...then looser apparel.

Without any tightness around my middle, my blood pressure may be lower! (A coincidence?!) 

Time to pull out my loose summer dresses!

All this makes me wonder if, in general, wearing tight clothing is harder on the heart.


(Just looked it up. Don't know if it is - but, according to this New York Times article, wearing a tight belt raises one's blood pressure, though its not the only factor that can skew blood pressure readings.)


More research needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment