Saturday, July 15, 2023

House Plant Care

I finally created a card of "crib-notes" to remind myself how often plants need to be watered!



Like this "rattlesnake plant" my daughter passed on to me: "Maybe you can bring it back," she had said. It had been losing leaves... There are now only two left.


I haven't bern entirely successful. It hasn't developed any new growth - but it hasn't died yet either! Maybe I wasn't watering it enough. It needs moist but well- drained soil and partial light. Maybe it should have more light.


I had to look online to see why my Peace Lilies weren't blooming. I discovered - oh, no! - that the soil needed to be constantly moist. I had been letting the soil dry out.


My most successful plants require very little care, like the snake plant (above)


But even those that don't need to be watered often... like this pony tail palm... may need a specific kind of light.

(Pony tail palm: bright, but NOT DIRECT sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment