Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What else is happening in my flower garden?

Gardening has taken a lot of my time this week.

I have added a few hosta and sedum plants that a neighbor gave me. I also added a red cedar mulch to keep away dandelion seeds. Now the front bed is ready for the summer. I just have to water it and wait for its magical growth.

But there is more yard work to do. I still have to rake the back yard. Every time the wind blows, dead branches and pine cones fall to the ground. Nature's way of pruning!














In the front garden bed, the bleeding heart is blooming ... (or should I say, bleeding?)

More tulips are blooming too... And the squirrels are still enjoying them! Do they eat the flowers or plant their seeds? I don't know... I spotted this hole in the red mulch near another decapitated tulip plant. What - I wonder - did the busy squirrel bury in the hole?














One neighbor suggested sprinkling the tulips with paprika to keep the squirrels away. So I plan to try that... I hope it doesn't kill the tulips!














This is a plant I bought last year at a church bazaar. It was tiny then. I don't know what it's called, but it's spreading... I wonder where else I can plant it... It could be divided...

So much to do.... I hate to be indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment