Monday, May 4, 2009

Practical Jokers

I'm not a fan of practical jokes - probably because I really hate to have them played on me. I am not alone. When my children started school, I tried to "teach" them about April Fool's Day by saying something like, It's snowing out so there is no school today.... and when they would look out the window in surprise, I'd say: April Fools!

When I did that to my daughter, I remember her looking at me in annoyance and saying: I don't like it when you do that.

But my youngest son loved the concept - and he still plays practical jokes on friends. Sometimes I hear about them.

I usually laugh - because they are funny - and warn him: Remember the boy who cried "Wolf!" Soon nobody will believe anything you say!

He told me about a recent road trip to Toronto when he and his equally-impish travel buddy decided to call up one of their friends and pretend that they were participants in a game show. The long drive - 5 hours each way - no doubt fueled their imaginations.

We're in the Quiz Cab, they told him, and we have to answer 3 questions. We can't get the answer to the third question, so we're calling you to help us. You have 30 seconds to give us the answer: What causes accidents in the summer that never causes accidents in the winter?

The Quiz Cab? What's the Quiz Cab?

Never mind! We have 30 seconds to get the answer...

Well, I don't know. Drinking?

No, we already guessed that. Oh-oh, we only have five seconds - five - four - three - two - one! Bye!

They did this to several of their friends, who were all equally dumbfounded.

I shook my head: It's amazing you still have friends... By the way, do you even know the answer? Is there an answer?














Of course - sandals!

No comments:

Post a Comment