Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More winter


 









It's really cold out today! (-25 degrees Celsius or -13 degrees Fahrenheit)Canadians love to talk about the weather. It's safer than discussing politics - it's something we can all agree on. How does our family respond to this extreme cold? We block all possible cold air drafts.

 









We pile snow against the door from the outside since snow amazingly insulates from cold!
(If we have to use that door, yes, the snow will fall in!) I personally try to forget the weather by doing things I love indoors, like COOKING (and eating) warm, yummy things, like this cherry crisp









KNITTING is also a winter thing I love to do... though I do it all year long, when I'm waiting in doctors' offices, trains or airports.










Sometimes I like what I've knit - at other times, I just give it away. QUILTING is another winter passion of mine.










This is the first time I'm using my new Grace EZ 3 quilt frame. I like it a lot.

BUT most important for me in winter is to enjoy the sun that streams in through the windows,
even on the coldest days,




 






and the flowers that grow indoors! ENJOY YOUR DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment