I often have a number of books around that I'm not so much reading - as "nibbling" on.
Here's one: The Lives We Actually Have: 100 Blessings for Imperfect Days.
I heard about the author, Kate Bowler, from my daughter - who listens to her podcasts.
She's about my daughter's age - but a life- changing cancer diagnosis a few years ago made her reflect more on life.
A thought that made me pause and ponder is found in the introduction: "We have days that shimmer... We know how fleeting these moments can be. Some days are filled with fireworks, yes, but most are not..." So true.
After the flood, the basement cleanup preoccupied us. No shimmer there...
I'm thankful that the water is gone and the walls are drying out. But we have a long way to go before we get our living space back.
So I look out the window to brighten my days. The flowers in my garden - and the beautiful sky bring me joy. I'm so thankful for them!

No comments:
Post a Comment