Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Experimental Knit Vest

My yarn stash includes yarn that I don't know what to do with - in part because I don't know if I have enough for any project I have in mind.


That was the situation when I started this vest. I didn't think I had enough green yarn for a sweater - but maybe for a vest...? And if not, maybe I could make it multi-coloured...

And so I began.

I had seen an online demo for a stripe I've never tried - a single strand of yarn woven back and forth after each stitch.

I liked the effect - but it did tighten the knitting a bit. What to do?! I don't want it to pucker.


That's where I'm at now. The vest is almost-finished... but I'm not sure how to make it lie flat. Should I block it - dampening it and pressing it with a hot iron? 
(My mother didn't believe in blocking... )



And what about these strands at the beginning and end of the rows? I need to make sure they're not puckering before I  secure them.

Lots of tiny details to work on before I'm finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment