Friday, October 15, 2021

Discovering the Bruce Trail

Terry and I usually go walking on flat surfaces... preferably paved or grassy flat surfaces with few pebbles... I hate having to stop and shake them out of my shoes.











But recently we headed out with our daughter to find a place called Canterbury Falls, not far from where she lives. 

When she moved to her part of Ontario, she started a list of places she wanted to someday visit. Canterbury Falls was on her list.



En route to Canterbury Falls, another hiker told us about Sherman Falls, nearby.











I decided not to head out with them to look for it. My daughter later said it was just as well because the path was uneven, with tree roots protruding. 



But she took some pictures for me... Here's Terry at Sherman Falls, part of the Bruce Trail.











Our little expedition introduced me to the Bruce Trail - a popular walking path that goes north to south in Ontario. There is even a guide book for hikers.

I wonder if I’ll ever have an opportunity to hike on the trail. I should keep hiking shoes - and my walking stick - in the car, just in case we encounter an interesting trail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment