Monday, March 25, 2024

Walking ... to Date

I've been counting my daily walking steps for a while now (using my cell phone health app to count my steps). I try to walk 10,000 steps a day.

To add motivation, last year I signed up for "virtual walks" - pretending I'm walking in different parts of the world - places that would be interesting to see. Via Google maps street view, I can see the scenery around me as I walk.


Trying to finish my virtual walks motivates me to walk a little farther every day.


As March draws to a close, I'm hoping to finish my 766 km virtual trek in India soon.


Recently checking my totals, I see that I've walked almost 2000 km since I first started, last spring. 

As my current walk draws to a close, I'm already thinking about my next trek: Should I do a second Camino de Santiago trail? Or should I do one that's several thousand kilometres long, like Route 66? There are shorter walks too, but I don't want to finish too.quickly.

I'll have to decide within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment