Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Late Winter Snow Storms

At this time of year - with lengthening days and warmer sunshine - I make the mistake of thinking that spring is here. In fact, I happily dismiss winter as "over" for another year...














(Anyone who reads this blog regularly may suspect that I am not a fan of winter! And they would be right!) In fact, for 10 years I lived in a city where it only snowed once in that time! (An event that sent everyone home for a "snow day"! I think even city buses were cancelled!)














But it snowed again this week! After 30-plus years in Ottawa (Canada), you'd think I wouldn't be surprised, but I was... Enough is enough!














Perusing through some pictures I took last year, I discovered that we had a late-February snowstorm last year too!














In fact, after last year's big snowstorm on February 28, 2011, we had snow storms again in March...














Not once, but twice! On March 6, 2011 and again on March 10, 2011...














There was so much, in fact, that Terry even needed to use the snow blower!














So, as I contemplate the reality that winter isn't yet over, I take solace in the flowers I got on Valentine's Day, which are (thankfully!) still blooming.














They add welcome color......














... to my discouraging white winter world!

No comments:

Post a Comment