Monday, March 8, 2010

Backyard Visitors

I was sitting in my little sun-room having my morning coffee, when I caught sight of an animal in our back yard...














At first I thought it was a prowling cat. Then I saw the face!

I grabbed my camera - squirrels playing in the sun are a common occurrence, but raccoons usually come out at night. I haven't seen one in our yard for years...














Our next-door neighbor used to have a raccoons' nest in a tall tree. But when he got two large dogs, the raccoons disappeared.














We weren't sorry to see them gone. Then tend to tear open garbage bags on collection day - strewing the contents all over the street.














Another neighbor several blocks down the street once had them move into an old garage he was using as a shed. It was a challenge to get them to leave. Once they move in, they are really tenacious.














As I watched them wander away, I wondered: Are they just visiting? Or have they moved here to stay?!

No comments:

Post a Comment